turkish towels

The rising popularity of turkish towels has changed the way we relax at the beach. Here at Sand Cloud, we use turkish cotton in all of our towel, blanket, and bag designs.

So what are Turkish towels?

turkish towels

To start, turkish towels are made of 100% cotton, so they are known for being super soft. The cotton actually improves with wear, so a few uses and washes will increase your towels comfort.

When it comes to style, turkish beach towels beat their traditional counterparts by a landslide. The designs and colors gracing the turkish cotton are much more appealing than other typical beach or bath towels. Turkish towels often use pastels instead of harsh tones, as well as simpler patterns like stripes or triangles. These small changes have a large impact in making your beach trips much more classy.

turkish towels

Not only are the towels very soft and stylish, they are also way more practical. The towels are typically larger, so they cover more sand for you and all of your friends. Even though they usually cover more surface area, the thin material actually collapses into a smaller size. This makes it easy to wrap up and neatly tuck away into a purse or beach bag.

All this positive talk about turkish towels may make you wonder: are there any drawbacks to this dream towel? The short answer is yes: but only a couple.

turkish towels

Because of the lightweight material, there may be less of a protective barrier between you and the sand on a really hot day. But hey, if it’s that hot out, you may want to give you skin a break and stay out of the hot UV rays!

The thin material also means that it is not quite as strong as the terry cloth option, but that just means it requires a little more love and care. Just make sure to read the label and be extra cautious when washing it (usually hand wash cold is the safest call).

turkish towels

Overall, the turkish beach towel is still the best innovative alternative to your summer adventures. Along with being your best friend at the beach, turkish towels have many other purposes. The lightweight material is pretty and versatile enough to be used for a wrap or tapestry. They are also great on hikes, at parks, and for festivals.

Over at Sand Cloud, we are constantly using the turkish cotton in new ways to change the way you interact with the beach. We have added Iris, Mandala, and Lotus designs to boho line, we have also utilized the material to add pillows, pockets, and bags to our towels.

July 15, 2015 by Sara Butler

Maelyn said:

I absolutely love these towels! They are so cute and stylish and ridiculously comfortable! I adore the boho designs too, they make the towels fun!

Hannah Hammond

Hannah Hammond said:

I love turkish towels because they are so soft and they give you the summer/beach vibes that you can’t get with an average beach towel! Sand Cloud towels are the best?

Hannah said:

My heart turned into a ?

Sand Cloud towels are the best!!

Alexandra Retzer

Alexandra Retzer said:

I love the boho vibes that these towels have as well as the great quality.

Makenna said:

My favorite thing about the Turkish towels is the design and its water absorbing. It makes it super easy to look good on the beach, and dry off quickly when you want to relax or when you have to leave quickly.

Alison said:

These towels are the best because they’re not your ordinary towels. They make laying out so much more comfortable with the pillow towels. I LOVVEEEE IT.

Arti said:

I love the pastel colors with the soft feel of the towels!

Rachel said:

I love love love the boho vibe from the towels. I also love the thin material, because like you said it takes up less space but I also think it keeps you cooler than a thick towel. I have the mandala towel and I am in loveeee I want them all :)

Jacqueline getz

Jacqueline getz said:

I love that it is so light and easy to carry and super stylish. And the pillow is so comfy! And that it helps a good cause!!!

Ashley said:

I love how soft and vibrant in colour they look! The designs are gorgeous as well! Super fashionable!

Brittany said:

I love Turkish Towels because they are so lightweight and flowy, yet comfy and cozy! They are perfect because you can toss one or two into you bag and be good to go. Also, I love that they aren’t only a towel but can be used for other things! Love love love!

Sunny Suresh

Sunny Suresh said:

Absolutely love these Turkish towels…Superb and fashionable! I also want to share some beautiful round beach towels for your beach time. http://www.fairdecor.com/-round-tassel-mandala

Mary Anne

Mary Anne said:

Really lovely colors towels. I think these towels will be soft and 100% cotton because Turkish cotton is the best in the world. We are Hotel suppliers in Australia and also offer < a href=" https://hotelsuppliesforless.com.au/">pure cotton white towels for luxury hotels